Saturday, May 03, 2008

Hope in My Garden

Hope In My Garden

"And the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down in rushing, rising rivlets..." and I had such "Highee hopes...highee hopes, high apple piie in the skyeee hopes..." but it looks like we won't be working in the muddy garden today!!! It is in such need of "repair." It needs some serious grooming and a definite face lift. But unless we wear hip waders it's just possible that it won't get done this weekend. DRAT!

So as we all do, I thought if it clears up enough (sour grapes), then Ron can take the telescope out and look at God's "garden in the sky" tonight. Saturn last weekend was really beautiful...He still waiting for Jupiter to make "his" appearance.

Well, it occurred to me this morning when at Mass that the garden I should be worrying about is not the one with the weeds in the soil outside, but the weeds to be pulled and the seeds to be planted in the garden of my soul, The Real Garden. Goodness! What a revelation. For how my soul looks with its weeds and flowers is also how I appear to others who witness my works. So it is that I will try to work harder on the soul within, as well, as the soil without. The one may need hip waders, the the other certainly does not!

"'Blessed be God who has raised you up!
may he be blessed for all ages!'
For in you they shall praise his holy
name forever!"
Tobit 13:18


~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!

11 comments:

  1. It's quite revealing, isn't it ,Cathy, how these things occur to us at Mass? No better place to be for God to get a word in, it has happened me so many times too. I like the idea and the mental image of the garden of the soul, but of course the thought of mine and what needs weeded there is enough for me to close my eyes- my mind's eyes! I'm so ashamed at the state of it...to work, to work. Thanks, Cathy, for the prod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing others are working in the "garden" is a wonderfully encouraging. Thank you, Ann. It seems unending work...Do you suppose the weeds of the soil are to remind us of the weeds of the soul? I think I will ponder that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kathy, it needs pondering, but not to an overwhelming degree. God is there, help on hand, at every turn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrong spelling, but you know who I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your wonderful comment! I agree with all you say. Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes..wow what a revelation!!! Thanks for sharing!!....Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness there's hope planted in our most important garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, indeed! Our garden's just dried up enough from SNOW on Friday, that we can go do some digging and weeding. I'll be contemplating your thoughts as I tidy up outside...

    ReplyDelete
  9. "garden in the sky"

    I love that!
    I started a garden last year only to find that during our summer heatwave all my plants withered and died. At times our own souls can feel a little withered and dry but all we can do is stand before God and ask..fill this barren soil/soul with Your Divine Love.

    Thanks for a beautiful reflection Cathy:).

    Peace & love to you:)

    Marie xoxoxo PS: Sorry for my silence I had a tummy bug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tending a garden is hard work...not clean or necessarily fun work, but in order for it to thrive it must be nurtured. You all nurture me! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.