Monday, April 14, 2008

St. Philip Neri Cathlic Church


Our Family spent 20 years as members of this community. They were baptized, made their First Communion, were Confirmed and were married.

Yesterday Ron and I went "home" for this family reunion. You see, the people of this community really are family. When our immediate family was in Colorado and Texas, and when visits with them were rare. These dear people were there with love and assistance to nurture and care us.

Going "home" yesterday was a real thrill. We had gone back on a few occasions the last 10 years, but yesterday it was as if we never gone away. We felt welcome, so welcome. And so we hugged and laughed and shared our stories. We celebrated Mass and shared a meal. And all was well.

For all these people and the significant role they play in my Journey. I say, "Thanks be to God!!"
(Photos to follow.)

6 comments:

  1. You are so very blessed, Cathy! And so are those who are friends of yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,

    How wonderful to go home to your cherished parish. What a great experience.

    Please continue to pray for Melissa. Things are looking bleak. Please visit my blog for more details.

    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely experience of joy and homecoming. I'll look forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had such a joyful time, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like the feeling of "coming home". Sigh.

    I love visiting your blog . . . I never know what music I'll hear. Today it was John Michael Talbot and so I'm off to pull out my old cassettes and listen to him all day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I bet it's been great, I mean a 100 years for a Church and it's community. Just think we haven't finished to build our church here in Taldykorgan; it shall be finihed by 2009... I bet I won't see it 100th birthday... but who knows...

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.