Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Feast of St Catherine of Siena


St Catherine of Siena
Originally uploaded by Lawrence OP
Today is the feast of St. Catherine. I have always had a humble pride in the fact that Mom and Dad chose this strong, brave, determined woman to be my model. And so today I celebrate not only her life but the wisdom of my parents.

"With God as your companion you will live in the light of faith, with hope and fortitude, with true patience and perseverance, all the days of your life. You will never be alone, never fear anyone or anything, for you will find your security in God." --Catherine of Siena

A wise and courageous woman, when there are women who still long to be "liberated," she is the model of that liberation. And her liberation did not come through things of this world, but by doing the will of God.
~~~+~~~
For her example I say,
"Thanks be to God!"

10 comments:

  1. Cathy, your tribute and this quote are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you to be like your model in your life.
    I wish you to have the courage and the wisdom of your patron and to find the liberation in God's will.
    All the best today, on your name day!
    God bless you!
    Sma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, the wisdom of parents! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all...it has been a grand day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blessed and happy name day!!!
    :-D (sorry for being late!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy nameday, to one of my favorite people, on the feast of one of my favorite saints (we named our seventh for her) !

    PS ~ You've been tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful words! catherine....my sister's name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the kind words, Cy and Mike. Catherine is a grand old name. Thank you, too, Lisa for the TAG..."Soon And Very Soon..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post, Cathy (Catherine)! Courageous she certainly was, and there is so much for us to learn from her "Dialogue" and from the biographies of this amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.