Monday, January 07, 2008

Rediscovering Catholicism



I must get this in before I fly to visit my mother in MT for a few days. I will be back on Saturday. Will try to visit when I can. Yes, my mother at 82 is pretty computer literate. I am really proud of her.

At any rate, this book is one of the nicest Christmas gifts I think I have gotten in some time, just because it was a real surprise. It has taken me so long to get to it because of all the other post I wanted to make. That was why the initial introduction to Matthew earlier.
~~~

First, I mentioned that we went to St. Brigid's Church Christmas Eve for Mass. The gift to the congregation, to all present, was this book by Matthew Kelly. The pastor got up at the end of Mass and said this book was a gift to all attending whether parishioner or guest. I was really dumbfounded. This parish takes formation seriously and has taken it to a higher level.

I started reading the book today. Yes, I forgot to list it as one of the books I wanted to read. It's interesting reading and not only that...when I turned the bookmark over that was inside the book I found that Matthew Kelly will be speaking at St. Brigid's April 20, 21, and 22. And if you are in the vicinity of Alpharetta, GA on those dates you would not be wasting your time if you went to hear him speak. He is in love with his God and the Church and it emanates in his enthusiasm.

No, this is not a paid announcement, but I believe that this young man is a missionary. And his mission is to bring us all into the loving arms of our Lord. Like Paul and Barnabas, Matthew goes to the people, encouraging them to share that goodness they have with others.

~*~*~*~*~
For Matthew and others like him,
I say, " Thanks be to God."

4 comments:

  1. Cathy,

    May God Bless you with a safe journey. Enjoy your visit with your mother. God Bless, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like a wonderful ambassador for the Church. I'm glad he is being so well received.
    Enjoy your few days away, Cathy. I'm sure you and your mother will find plenty to talk about - it's great she's computer literate...who knows there's maybe another blog in the pipeline!
    When there's a bit of the blarney in the daughter, there's every possibility it's in the mother as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a safe journey:).

    Peace to you:)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check out this book . . . and I live about three hours from Alpharetta! Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.