Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My harp...

I sat down with my harp this afternoon in hopes I could spend some time in practicing in preparation for Christmas. It has been since Spring since I have "plucked" its stings and so it was in desperate need of a tuning. I fear that it has been so long that I have played ( and I use the word played loosely) that my fingers got sore after about 30 min. Needless to say there needs to be more time spent at the harp. I've only had the "Baby" for two years and I love to "play at" the harp. I am much more comfortable without an audience. I guess I am pretty insecure, I really don't like to embarrass myself when I am not prepared. My repertoire is limited too, because my harp has no levers and so I can only play songs in the key of C. Not to worry...One day when I have successfully achieved some skill at the harp I will invest in the levers. Until then I'll need to do some very diligent practicing. Christmas is a great incentive to practice...I do so love the music.
*<*>*<*>*<*>*

Thanks Be to God!

2 comments:

  1. Not an easy instrument to play but it is a beautiful sound and looks very glamorous. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The harp is so peaceful and soothing. I hope you are able to find time to play to your heart's content!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.